ntrs specialises in waste management and the recycling of a range of domestic, commercial and industrial products. NT Recycling Solutions was established in Darwin in February 2005 by Leon Schulz operating a single truck. Today, ntrs operates out of three sites at Berrimah, Winnellie, and the City of Darwin’s Shoal Bay Waste Disposal Facility employing 50 staff and operating close to 30 vehicles.
Success is due to our by our commitment to recycling and the environment and our view that all waste material is a potential resource. Our goal is to recover and reuse as much of these valuable resources as possible. By removing disposal costs, recycling is almost always cheaper and is always better for the environment.
We understand that all organisations need recycling and waste services designed to meet their unique needs. ntrs is a local service with the specialist capacity to provide organisations with waste management solutions, efficient and effective equipment and comprehensive support & training.
ntrs is a Darwin-based company.
- the NT is our home
- we live here … our kids go to school here
- we buy locally… we invest in local people
- we respect and use other local businesses
ntrs is committed to providing high quality cost effective services.
Our clients can expect:
- to be listened to
- to have your specific needs addressed
- flexible service arrangements
- to have competitive and fixed pricing for agreed periods
- a one-stop shop for waste management services
- Construction and Commercial Waste
- Consultancy Services
- Equipment Types
- Event Services
- General Waste Services
- Liquid Waste
- Unit Complex/Body Corporate
- Waste and Recycling Streams
ntrs is the largest privately owned waste management and recycling business in the Territory. We have invested heavily in our specialised vehicles, plant and equipment to ensure we have the capability to handle all waste streams.
Our specialised equipment includes:
- rear load compactors
- front lift compactors
- hook lift bulk bin vehicles
- skip loader vehicles
- vacuum tanker and vacuum skid vehicles
- waste oil vehicle
- static and transportable compactor bins
- 200 ton hydraulic cardboard/paper baler and in floor conveyor feed system
- 100 ton hydraulic plastic baler and in floor conveyor feed system
- 80 ton hydraulic oil filter baler and oil containment system(NRETA licensed)
- variety of small balers and compaction equipment
- disintegrator for paper document and media destruction
- cross cut shredder for paper document and media destruction
- 1000+ plastic bins ranging from 240L, 660L and 1100L
- 1000+ steel front lift bins ranging from 1.5m, 3m and 6m custom
- 200+ steel skip and hook Lift bulk bins ranging from 2m, 4m, 6m, 8m, 10m, 15m, 24m and 36m
- 50+ custom bins for oil filters and hazardous wastes from 1m to 3m
ntrs is a member of:
- The Waste Management Association Australia, Australia’s peak association for waste management professionals.
- Waste Recycling Industry Association NT
- Green Building Council Australia
- Palmerston Regional Business Association
Through agency arrangements NTRS also represents several national waste management recycling and destruction organisations in the Northern Territory, handling the removal, recycling, and destruction of their clients’ waste. These organisations choose NTRS to provide services across the NT based on value for money and a superior customer service culture.